Ready to Get Started?
Project Confirmation & Scheduling:
Our estimate is our contract. If everything looks good, please reply to the estimate email that you are ready to move forward with the project. Once the estimate is confirmed, an invoice for the deposit will be sent.
Once the deposit invoice has been sent, someone from our office will reach out to discuss availability and potential dates for the work.
- For flexible projects, a week is first offered and then an actual start date will be determined the week before. Flexible projects also have the opportunity to move up to the first available opening.
- Please let us know in advance if the project requires a specific start date. We would be happy to set aside a specific set of days for your project, but this may incur a longer lead time to ensure we have a crew available.
A deposit of 50% of the total will be requested upon acceptance of the estimate. The balance is due upon completion of the project when the client is happy with the work. Please note, smaller amount deposits may be accepted upon request.
- Check – Mail to: 225 E 6th Ave, Floor 2, Conshohocken PA 19428
- Venmo – Send payment to PatchandPaintPros
- PayPal – Send payment to email@example.com
- Credit Cards – Upon request, an invoice will be sent with a link to pay
Note: There is a 1.5% fee for credit cards and you do NOT have to sign up for PayPal)
- Select paint colors & finishes (more info below)
- Send a deposit
- Clear small items from countertops, tables and shelving
- Take down curtains and draperies
- Remove towels and rugs from bathrooms
- Unplug TVs and other electronics
- Make arrangements for pets
- Empty closets (if included in your estimate)
- NOTE – Pianos, grandfather clocks and other delicate items should be moved by homeowner or moving professionals
Starting the Project:
We prefer for the homeowner to be present or available by phone for the start of the project. If you can not be home, a lock box code or spare key arrangement can be made.
Project Hours & Scope Review:
Our crews generally work from 7am to 3:30pm or 8am to 4:30pm. When the project first begins, one of our project leaders will walk through the project scope with you to verify the estimated items match up with your expectations. The project scope review can be done in person or over the phone.
Scope of Work:
We will provide all services as described in the attached estimate. All costs are included – labor, materials, tools and equipment. Additional items may be added or removed upon request. Please let us know if there are any questions about the scope of work.
- Moving furniture (unless noted otherwise)
- Covering floors with drop clothes or protective paper
- Covering furniture and belonging with new plastic
- Vacuum and clean before re-setting furniture
- Leave leftover tinted paint with room name noted on lid
Colors & Finishes:
High Quality Paint – Once the project is approved, our painters get to work and aim to finish any project in a timely fashion, using only the highest quality paints from Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore.
Colors and finishes are needed before we start a project. Patch and Paint Pros has a standard ceiling and trim white from Sherwin-Williams that we use on the majority of our projects.
- Ceilings: ProMar Ceiling White – Flat
- Trim: Extra White SW7006 – Semigloss
- Walls: Duration Paint – Your Choice of Color & Finish (more info below)
We prefer colors from Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore, but can match colors from any other company. Let us know which colors and finishes you would like for each room.
HINT: Pick up some samples from your local paint store and put some color on the walls. Small paint swatches do not always look exactly like the actual paint due to lighting and finish selected.
Color Selection Examples:
Room – Color Name – Color Number – Finish
- Hallway – Accessible Beige – SW7036 – Flat
- Bathroom – Revere Pewter – HC-172 – Satin
- Ideal for Ceilings and Most Walls
- No Shine
- Easy to Touch-up
- Matte (or eggshell)
- Mostly Used on Walls
- “Washable Flat” with a Slight Sheen
- Ideal for Kitchens, Dining Rooms and ‘Kids Rooms’’
- Fairly Shiney
- Best for Bathroom Ceiling and Walls
- Semigloss (medium lustre)
- Shiny Finish
- Most Cleanable
- Good for doors, windows and other trim.
Once the project has started, additional work not listed on the estimate may be requested or required. Additional work may be done once an updated estimate is approved by the client. Let us know which areas you would like to add and we will get you an updated estimate ASAP.
Finishing the Project:
Your project crew leader will keep you posted on progress and estimated completion date throughout the job. Please try to be available on the last day to do a final walk through with the project leader. If anythign needs touched up, please let the project leader no so it can be taken care of prior to the final clean-up.
If you notice something after the crew leaves, no worries. You can contact your project leader directly or call our office at 484-483-3468 to let us know. We will work with your schedule to have someone back out to take care of any loose ends.
Your Satisfaction with the Project is our Top Priority.
Please give us a call if If there are any questions about the extent of work included in your estimate. We would be happy to discuss in more detail.
Ryan Owsiany – Owner
Ken Hoffman – Estimator
Meredith Brnich – Office Assistant
Repair and Painting Estimate FAQ
Is paint included in price?
YES – Pricing for the above paint brands is included in the cost. Other paint brands may be used upon request. Additional costs for high-end paint or discounts for economy grade paints may be applied.
Do we purchase paint or you?
We’ll purchase and pick it up. We just need to know the color and finish.
What repair work is included with the painting?
Repair of small holes and shallow wall defects is included. Repair of larger defects, cracks, and drywall installation will be written out under the Repairs section of the estimate.
Are both sides of the door included in the painting estimate?
For doors, only the side of the door facing into the room is included, unless noted otherwise.
What colors are included?
One color ceiling and trim paint is included. The estimate includes only one wall color per room, unless accent walls are listed.
When do colors by need to be picked by?
It is best to have colors picked out a week in advance of the projects.
What to do around the house to prepare for a painting project?
We’ll handle moving the furniture and big stuff. We would greatly appreciate it if you could put away all smaller items and take down wall decorations. Time Saver Discounts available for having all rooms emptied and/or completely setup for painting.
Keeping the curtains and blinds?
Please let us know if you’d like to keep curtains, blinds and wall decorations in the same place or we can remove the screws and nails to patch over any holes.
Wallpaper, Water Damage and Drywall Repair Questions
Why is my ceiling paint bubbling and peeling?
Top 3 causes of ceiling water damage:
- A leak from the bathroom plumbing above.
- A leak from the roof or window above.
- The ceiling was not painted properly.
Why is my bathroom paint peeling?
The key to prevent peeling in a room with lots of moisture is priming and two coats of high quality paint. This insures waterproof barrier between the drywall and the moisture in the bathroom.
What is causing the water damage on my walls?
Failing stucco, cracked brick mortar and old window seals can be the likely cause of blistering or peeling paint on exterior walls of the house. Water damage on interior walls is likely from plumbing above or roof leaks.
Can wallpaper be painted over? Benjamin Moore says it can…
Simple answer – Wallpaper SHOULD NOT be painted over, but it can be done.
Detailed Answer – Wallpaper is tricky situation. The wallpaper will eventually fail some day and cause future removal to be much more difficult. The paper typically starts to peel only in corners or at edges of the paper and ceiling. This generally happens when moisture softens the original wallpaper glue underneath.
This can happen from steam inside the bathroom when there is not a good moisture barrier (primer and full two coats of paint) protecting the wallpaper. The other reason wallpaper may peel in the future is when there is a moisture issue from inside the walls or ceiling. If that is the case, it may be time to call roofer or plumber.
Painted – If the wallpaper has already been painted, the damage has been done. We can skim the lines and repaint to make it look smooth. Should not have any issues unless there is a moisture issue from inside the wall.
Unpainted – If the paper has not been painted over, it is best to just remove it. The process of skimming every seam, oil priming and then painting over takes almost as much time as just removing the non-painted wallpaper.
Closets – This is the one space of the house, that should not be a deal breaker for a potential buyer. This future project could likely be passed on to the next buyer. Who knows, they may even like the “character” it adds to the house.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to give us a call (484)483-3468. We’re always happy to help!